Monday, January 12, 2009

Journaling Responses to "Week Forty-Three: The New Year"

Here are what some other bloggers had to say about their childhood memories of The New Year:

The New Year by Wendy Littrell at All My Branches

New Years Memories - Traditions by Donna Wendt at Another Day with Donna

A Very Special Day - New Years Day by Cathy at Detour Through History

New Years Day - Spent and Spending by Thomas MacEntee at Destination: Austin Family

New Year's Eve Traditions by Kathryn Lake Hogan at Looking4Ancestors

My own is My New Year's Memories at AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Miriam,
I think with all the excitement of the New Year, I forgot to send you the link for my post for Week 43.
Anyway here it is:
New Year's Eve Traditions
Thanks.
Kathryn

Miriam Robbins said...

Thanks, Kathryn, I've added it.

Olive's Granddaughter said...

Hi, I'm a new reader, old genealogist and new genealogy blogger. I was nominated by my friend for a KreativBlogger Award and I'm nominating you for the award also.

Just log on to my blog to view the rules.

Anonymous said...

The only New Year's tradition I can think of that my family had when i was growing up was eating black-eyed peas and cornbread on New Year's day. Here in the South, that's considered good luck.

Stephanie at the Irish Family History blog

Unknown said...

Hi Miriam,

I've read your blog and am impressed with the valuable information you are providing the genealogy community. I would like to personally invite you to put links to OneGreatFamily.com on your blog and earn money for referring customers to our site. I notice you already have affiliate banners of Footnote so you know all about affiliate programs. You can find more information about our Affiliate program at: www.onegreatfamily.com/affiliate.aspx. If you have any questions you can contact me - heather.matthews@onegreatfamily.com